Latest News CAIIB syllabus has been reorganised to make them more conceptual and current. The CAIIB examinations under the amended syllabi are provisionally scheduled to begin in November/December 2022, or at the very latest, in May/June 2023. CAIIB will hold its final exams under the old regime, after which it will be phased out.
IIBF administers the Certified Associate of Indian Institute of Bankers (abbreviated as CAIIB) exam twice a year. The goal of the exam is to provide candidates with advanced information that will enable them to make better decisions in areas such as risk, financial, and general bank management.
CAIIB Exam Pattern
The IIBF has established an exam pattern for the CAIIB Exam. Take a look at the exam schedule below.
More information about the Certified Associate of Indian Institute of Bankers test pattern can be found on the curriculum page.
|CAIIB Exam Pattern|
|Papers||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
|Advanced Bank Management||100||100|
|Bank Financial Management||100||100|
The following is the CAIIB exam pattern as provided by IIBF:
- The exam is given in an online format.
- The CAIIB exam consists of three examinations: two compulsory papers (Advanced Bank Management and Bank Financial Management) for all candidates and one elective paper (comprising 11 subjects) of their choice.
- Each of the three papers will include 100 multiple choice questions for 100 points.
- Each paper has a time limit of 2 hours, or 120 minutes to complete.
- The exam paper will be bilingual, meaning it will be written in both English and Hindi.
The CAIIB’s syllabus
The CAIIB test has a syllabus provided by the IIBF. The CAIIB syllabus includes two obligatory papers and 11 elective subjects.
- Advanced Bank Management
- Bank Financial Management
- Elective Papers
- Corporate Banking
- Rural Banking
- International Banking
- Retail Banking
- Co-operative Banking
- Financial Advising
- Human Resources Management
- Information Technology
- Risk Management
- Central Banking
- Treasury Management
- CAIIB Exam Syllabus
- CAIIB Papers
- CAIIB Syllabus
Advanced Bank Management
- Module A: Economic Analysis
- Module B: Business Mathematics
- Module C: HRM in Banks
- Module D: Credit Management
- Banking Financial Management
- Module A: International Banking
- Module B: Risk Management
- Module C: Treasury Management
- Module D: Balance Sheet Management
CAIIB Elective Papers
Paper 1: Central Banking
- Module A: Rationale and Functions of Central Bank
- Module B: Central Banking in India
- Module C: Monetary Policy and Credit Policy
- Module D: Supervision and Financial Stability
Paper 2: International Banking
- Module A: International Banking and Finance
- Module B: Foreign Exchange Business
- Module C: International Trade
- Module D: Derivatives
Paper 3: Rural Banking
- Module A: Rural India
- Module B: Financing Rural Development
- Module C: Priority Sector Financing and Government Initiatives
- Module D: Problems and Prospectus in Rural Banking
Paper 4: Financial Advising
- Module A: Introduction to Financial Advising
- Module B: Financial Planning
- Module C: Financial Investment Products
- Module D: Taxation
Paper 5: Corporate Banking
- Module A: Corporate Banking and Finance
- Module B: Investment Banking
- Module C: Project and Infrastructure Finance
Paper 6: Retail Banking
- Module A: Introduction
- Module B: Retail Products
- Module C: Marketing/Selling of retail products, MIS and Accounting
- Module D: Other Issues Related to Retail Banking
Paper 7: Co-operative Banking
- Module A: Principles and Laws of Co-operative Banking Law and Rules Relating to Co-operative Banks
- Module B: Co-operative Banking Operations Deposits, Credits and Investment Management
- Module C: Technology Risk Management
Paper 8: Human Resource Management
- Module A: Human Resource Management
- Module B: Building an HR Strategy
- Module C: Motivation, Training and Skill Development
- Module D: Personnel Management and Industrial Relations
Paper 9: Information Technology
- Module A: Introduction to Information Technology
- Module B: Systems and Design
- Module C: Applications in Banking
- Module D: Security Control and Guidelines
Paper 10: Treasury Management
- Module A: An Overview
- Module B: Treasury Management
- Module C: Treasury and International Banking
- Module D: Risk Management
Paper 11: Risk Management
- Module A: An Overview
- Module B: Credit Risk Management
- Module C: Operational Banking
- Module D: Market Risk
- Module E: Risk Organization and Policy
HOW TO APPLY FOR IIBF CAIIB 2022?
HOW DO I SUBMIT AN APPLICATION FOR THE IIBF CAIIB 2022?
The CAIIB 2022 Exams are relatively simple to apply for. With the online application process, you can apply for the exam from anywhere and at any time, as long as you meet the IIBF’s registration requirements. Candidates who meet the eligibility requirements for CAIIB 2022 can simply apply for the exams by following the processes outlined below:
- Visit the official website of the IIBF at https://www.iibf.org.in/.
- On the home page, select ‘Examination/Courses.’ It will open a new window for you.
- Under the dropdown menu, select the ‘Flagship Courses’ option.
- CAIIB and then ‘Apply Online’ are the buttons to press.
- You’ll need your Membership Number and Password to log in.
- Read the instructions carefully before accepting them.
- Fill in the blanks as requested (like mode, medium, centre & workplace)
Marking Scheme of the CAIIB
- According to the examination pattern, there is no negative marking scheme.
- For each correct answer, candidates will receive one mark.
- In each paper, candidates must obtain a minimum of 50 points out of a possible 100.
- Those who receive at least 45 points in each subject and a total of 50 percent in all the subjects in a single try will be declared to have passed the exam.
- Candidates can keep the credits for the subjects they pass in an attempt until the time restriction for passing the CAIIB exam expires.