Many of your friends talk about their visits to dieticians on and off! And you are often wondering what they do that people head to their clinic so often! Dieticians are specialists with all the knowledge about the nutritional value of different food products, and they calculate these to create ideal meal plans for you. But how does this come of any use to you? You will get to know the details soon.
Why do you require visiting a dietician?
First of all, remember that whenever you search for a dietician, ensure that you check these criteria (that they should assuredly have):
- Specialised degree in the nutrition curriculum
- Have extensive supervised health care practise
- Have a registered license
- Have best records of happy patients
With all the training and education, they help you in various ways. Some of these can make you fitter and others healthier, helping you combat severe diseases better.
- Helps in managing diabetes, high blood pressure, and chronic conditions –An experienced and rightly trained dietitian helps you eat smart. They will look into your medical reports and advice only on the food items that suit your condition. For example, if you have high blood sugar, the dietician creates a food chart where you intake the proper amount of carbs and glucose that helps keep the body sugar level under control. Similarly, with high blood pressure patients and those suffering chronic pains regularly, different nutritional plans are advised to control these conditions. The dieticians provide you with a list of items in the precise amount that you should have.
2. Cures your digestive imbalances – Suffering from consistent digestive imbalances is quite normal because of a stressful lifestyle and oodles of junk intake. As a result, you fall ill more often and face dehydration as well. Visiting a dietician helps to keep your diet balanced, and you intake only healthy food. Yes, there might be cheat days as well. But the intake of junk is definitely controlled. It helps improve your digestive health considerably.
3. Aids in mindful eating – Mindful eating is essential to lead a healthy lifestyle. But this is better said than done because of the temptations around you, and of course, your busy schedule. Additionally, you don’t even have the proper guidance for it. So, what do dietitians do here? Rick Miller Clinical and Sports Dietician imbibe the habit of mindful eating in you. They don’t just provide a chart of nutritional value and ideal meal plans to you but take a holistic interest in your progress and even prompt you to consider health and nutrition seriously.
4. Help you lose weight – Losing excess weight is a crucial part of staying healthy. Often the doctors advise you to lose some weight to control many health issues. So, apart from working out regularly, only a proper meal plan from an experienced dietician helps you reduce unwanted fat from your body.
5. You need to increase some weight – Not just losing, but even gaining weight requires proper meals at regular intervals. Apart from this, the nutritional content of these items should also be suitable, including all the food items that increase your muscle power and are rich in carbohydrates. Well, a dietician knows exactly about these and provides you with a detailed list of them to follow.
6. Helps you perform better in sports – Are you serious about your workout or sports? Then it would help if you stay active, totally hydrated, and healthy to perform well in those fields. And all these are possible only with the help of the correct guidance from a dietician.
No matter what kind of lifestyle you lead or whatever health goals you have in your mind, a dietician helps you achieve those perfectly. Yes, it might take some time, and even the efforts required from your side too, but the results will always be great and satisfactory. But remember, you must sync your doctor’s and dietician’s prescriptions as per your health issues and condition.