Exterior Home Renovation Ideas
Doing a home renovation Macedon Ranges does not have to be an indoor renovation, it can be an exterior one. What a homeowner does not think about when considering putting their home up for sale is the home’s curb appeal. When your house is being shown to potential buyers, what the home looks like when they walk or pull up to it matters. For some, it sets the precedent of what they expect the inside to look like, and they may not even venture inside to see if they are right or wrong. To help with the curb appeal of your home’s exterior, here are some renovation projects you can do to improve it.
- Upgrade your front door area—this is the critical part of someone entering your home and getting their first impression of your home. You can renovate this area by upgrading your house numbers, painting the front door or purchasing a new one, installing a new light fixture, a new doormat, and more. This does not have to be an expensive renovation.
- Keep the front yard clean—make sure that it is kept cut and neat, that all the grass clippings are disposed of, the bushes are trimmed, and if there are flower beds, they need to be weeded and any dead flowers removed. Any children’s toys should be kept in the backyard.
- Create a new space—this can include a larger front porch or maybe a nice walkway. There are some that like to have a place to put chairs and sit on a warm summer’s day. If the walkway is cracked or sunken in, then you need to consider replacing it. You can talk to a Gisborne builder to get some ideas on how to do these particular renovations.
- Prune or trim any trees you have—it is nice to have a shaded front yard, but you want to make sure that they are kept neatly trimmed. You don’t want to have them hanging over the walkway or the porch where people would run into them, or the low hanging limbs would obscure the front of the home. If they appear to be dying, you should have them removed. When they are shedding their leaves, keep the leaves raked up.
- Low-maintenance landscaping—this is something that a home renovation Macedon Ranges contractor might recommend. Doing this type of landscaping will initially save you money and make it easier to maintain. This type of landscaping is very appealing to potential homebuyers as many do not want a lot of landscape, they have to continually maintain to keep it looking great. It also adds value to your home. Go for plants that are native to your area. For example, if you live in a dry area, look for native plants that are drought and low-water tolerant.
These are just some of the things that you can do to help improve your home’s curb appeal. For more suggestions, you can talk to your Gisborne builder for suggestions. You can also stand at the curb and look at your home to see what would make it more appealing to you if you were a potential home buyer.