In recent years, Canada has become the hub for nursing jobs. It has become one of the top developed societies worldwide to follow your profession. Moreover, there are many benefits of being a health worker in Canada, including healthy salaries, child care assistance, Health insurance, etc. You can get a Canadian job visa from any of the best immigration consultants. After getting a Canadian job visa, it becomes easy to pursue your dreams and go to Canada as a nurse. But before that, you need to have a license as a nurse applicable in Canada. In addition, you will be required to demonstrate your adroitness. Hence, the experience of 2-5 years is preferred within the nursing profession.
Distinct Types of Nurses in Canada:
● Registered Psychiatric Nurses: These professionals in Canada must have finished an undergraduate degree in psychiatric nursing and a postgraduate degree in psychiatric nursing or any additional study.
● RN Nurses: Nurses who have completed their university nursing degree are qualified to become general registered nurses.
● Licensed Practical Nurse: These are licensed nurses in Canada. They must have completed a diploma program in nursing after graduating from school.
Immigrating to Canada as a Nurse:
Step 1: Research about each provincial Association.
Step 2: Apply to the National Nursing Assessment Service with all sets of documents.
Step 3: Choose an Immigration option.
The government has developed numerous work permits and immigration programs to allow international workers to obtain their Canadian job visas and permanent residency status. As a result, applicants continue to partner with experienced Canada work permit consultants. These professionals provide seamless end-to-end guidance and clarify the related complexities in a hassle-free way.
The Detailed Application Process for Immigrating to Canada:
The internationally educated nurses, especially from the Philippines, Nigeria, and India, cannot apply directly to regulatory bodies in Canada for a license. They must be aware of the following steps to be followed. Failing that, they won’t be allowed to move to Canada to be a nurse.
- Qualification Assessment from National Nursing Assessment Service Canada: The initial move is to evaluate the candidate’s academic credentials for training as a nurse. Internationally educated nurses must apply with NNAS if they wish to move to Canada (except in Quebec and other territories). In addition, the organization is responsible for issuing an advisory report to the candidates. Follow the article to know about the detailed process.
- Assessment of the Province and Nursing Exam: The candidate needs to contact the College of Registered Nurses of that province for which they have been allotted the advisory report. To get a registered license from CRN, candidates must write an exam. Candidates can apply for the CRN exam through NNAS online portal or CRN official website. The exam is conducted offline only. Once the College of Registered Nurses receives your application, they might offer you an eligibility letter or a recommendation to pursue your additional formal education.
- Apply to the Board of Nursing in the Province of Your Choice: NNAS will send you complete details to provincial regulatory bodies after the assessment. They will make the final decision about your eligibility to work as a nurse in Canada.
- Work and Immigration Options for Nurses: After you get a license from CRN, you can immigrate to Canada, functioning as a nurse by applying for a Permanent Residency Program.
The Stepwise Application Process to NNAS:
The NNAS assesses your educational background as per current Canadian standards and requirements. Firstly, you must acquire the main application order for applying to NNAS. Then, choose the province. Your application will remain active for up to 12 months.
● Create a profile on the NNAS application page.
● Carefully fill in the credentials.
● Submit ID proof documents (it must be a notarized document from a govt. official)
● Fill in the details about your nursing education and put forward your nursing education form (the school’s office should send it to NNAS directly)
● Give in your duly filled nursing registration form (this form must be sent to the nursing licensing authorities where you received your license to practice outside Canada. NNAS will reject your form if it isn’t sent from the licensing authority directly.)
● Complete and send your nursing employment form.
● Hand in your IELTS language test results.
● You will receive the assessment results (The results must be sent directly to NNAS from your approved language testing agency)
Immigration Program for Nurses:
You will either need a Canada work permit or a Permanent residency status to work in Canada. So, there are two major immigration programs available for nurses who want to immigrate to Canada:
● The Federal Skilled Worker Program: This is a part of the express entry system because of its quick processing time of a minimum of 6 months. You should have skilled work experience in an occupation listed in National Occupation Classification.
● The Provincial Nominee Program: You need to apply for the province you wish to practice. The province will then consider your application. Since nurses are in demand in Canada, it would be easier to apply through PNP.
Get in touch with experienced Canadian job consultants in India to move to Canada as a nurse today.
Read More About Mystery Diary.