An electric bicycle is a bicycle with an attached motor or engine used to power and assists with pedalling. The electric bicycles run on a rechargeable battery to travel at a maximum of 32 km/h.
History Of Electric Bicycles
- In 1897, Hosea W. Libbey invented an electric bicycle. The motor of the bicycle was designed with the help of the crankset axle.
- In the 1990s, Giant Lafree e-bikes re-invented the model. In 1986 Japanese automotive giant Yamaha built and invented the pedal-assist system 1993.
- In contrast, the production of e-bicycle grew up to 35% from 1993 to 2004 and decreased to 107 million units.
Advantages Of Riding Electric Bicycles
- Popularity- Nowadays, e-bicycles are popular worldwide. As an example, according to the data of the China Bicycle Association, in 2004, China’s manufacturers sold 7.5 million e-bikes nationwide, which was almost twice the year 2003 sales. In 2010, 200,000 and Approximately 2 million e-bikes were sold in Europe in 2016.
- Varieties of designs- Electric bicycles and their parts come with different designs, such as the Cytronex bicycles, which has a small battery like a water bottle. The Sakura e-bike incorporates a 200 W motor with plastic cladding, front and rear lights, and a speedometer. Electric cargo bicycles allow carrying heavy loads that would be difficult to transport without electric power or workforce support.
- Health benefits- Some people may think that the bike is electric, so it didn’t require much muscle power. However, according to the Transportation Research Interdisciplinary Perspectives, the physical activity of electric bicycles users is compared to conventional bicycle users and non-cyclists. E-bike users in 7 European cities had 10% higher weekly energy expenditure than other cyclists because they cycled longer trips. You can also ride with greater speed, power and flexibility than a regular bike. For people who have trouble with exercise, bicycles can give regular exercise for the long term. Both mentally and physically.
- Fast and flexible- The advantage of this technology is that you can travel fast and with flexibility. If you live in a city where traffic is very high, e-bicycles are good for you. A combustion engine, the maintenance and flexibility of an electric motorcycle is typically much easier. To fix any issues with e-bicycles, you don’t require any special mechanics. You can surely take a wonderful road ride with your friends or family without worrying.
- Saves your money– This is the biggest selling point for electric bicycles. The savings depends on the specific model of bike you want. If you use e-bicycles instead of motorbikes, it will save you money. You will preserve not only your money but also your time as well. While with E-bikes, you can buy affordable batteries which can last you around 20-50 miles.
- Eco-friendly- These electric bicycles are very good for the environment. Nowadays, climate change and global warming are serious issues. Since there is no gas engine, there is no exhaust and zero noise production. You can help the earth’s environment by using an E-bike instead of a petrol or diesel car. This benefit can help improve the air quality of the index.
Today’s world is changing fast, with this future proof electric bicycles will also help you connect with the modern technology. If you’re a motorcyclist and want something lighter and more energy-efficient, these e-bicycles are very useful. Pedal-assist gives riders a boost. You can ride it any area or track, such as snow, bad weather, rock or bad conditions. In short, these bicycles could be a worthy investment for you.